We made it to Lake Norris! As you can probably tell we have cell service - but Verizon only. The girls have AT&T so they are still bummed. I think it's probably a good thing to shut down for a few days.
Our trip down was uneventful. Taylor loaned Johan her Gameboy - he was in heaven! He played the thing for the full 4 hours down. I had to pry it from his hand when we stopped for a sandwich.
Our rental place is very nice - plenty of room for all of us. Dave and I dropped Tom & Johan off at the marina yesterday to pick up the boat. On our way back we got a call from Tom that the boat broke down and he was stranded in the lake. It was an electrical problem that caught some wires on fire. I guess there were a couple of very scary moments when he was afraid the fire might spread to the gas tank. He was able to get the wires disconnected and the fire put out safely. But without a paddle or anchor he drifted to shore and was hard to spot by the people from the marina. It took about 2 hours before a good samaritan spotted him and towed him to the marina where he got a new boat. So Captain Tom and his First Mate, Johan, had quite the experience!
Johan got his first taste of tubing yesterday afternoon. He loved it! He is such a fish. Every time we would stop the boat to switch riders - he would jump right in and swim around. He's always the first in the water and last out!
Last night he learned to play Yahtzee with my brother's girlfriend Debbie. I thought he might have a tough time understanding, but he hung in there and picked it up pretty quickly. As usual he wasn't crazy about going to bed, but didn't put up a fight. We picked up a book in Spanish for him from the library earlier in the week - so he reads that at night before he goes to sleep.
Carrie
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Carrie,
Sondra and I enjoyed reading the blog... keep posting.
Larry
Post a Comment